Gemma's Bigger Bolder Baking
"Professional chef & baking expert, Gemma Stafford, will show you how to make simple, game changing homemade baking recipes & desserts in her cooking."
The purpose of the project was to reinvent the chefs master brand so it connected more directly with the target consumers and clearly communicated its character.
Chef Gemma's story was one of passion, hard work, and a love for baking. After a few years of running a successful business, Chef Gemma needed us to help her showcase the personality and the lifestyle side of her business, while still being professional. One of the challenges we faced, was trying to figure out how to combine her femininity and love of baking in a way that would appeal to both men and women alike.
The final brand included feminine colors and textures paired with strong fonts and engaging copy.
I was responsible for branding & designing their website including all wireframes, the overall user experience and the user interface.
• Create a full brand around the Gemma's Bigger Bolder Baking concept.
• Develop a distinct visual identity including logo, collateral, and website.
• Create verbal identity, including tagline, description, and web copy.
• Establish Gemma's Bigger Bolder Baking's core values and persona to give the brand depth, dimension, and uniqueness.
• Create a design language inspired by bold, bright, and whimsical imagery.
• Develop a verbal identity that communicates Gemma's Bigger Bolder Baking's distinct perspective and personality.
In order to bring Gemma's Bigger Bolder Baking to life, I interviewed the duo and distilled the company's core values. Establishing these core values will provide the foundations of the brand as well aid in keeping the brand's consistency moving forward. Creating a fictional brand persona for GBBB serves as inspiration for the design language and personality of copy.
To design Gemma's Bigger Bolder Baking's logo, I took inspiration from her bright and whimsical baking style. My goal was to create a mark that signaled fun, adventurous, and timelessly classic.
Teal and red were chosen as the brand's primary colors.